Suzy was thinking about buying a Le Creuset Dutch oven, but wasn’t sure how she could use it in her everyday kitchen. Here are my favorite ways:
- Making any kind of soup. For example, Green Garlic Soup with Potatoes.
- Any kind of stew, including Lamb Stew with Leeks and Baby Artichokes
- Perfect Popcorn
- Easy Cassoulet (really, it is easy!)
- Short Ribs with Baby Turnips
- Pot of Beans (perfect for summer BBQs)
- Bread in my oven (Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day)
- Anything I would make in my slow cooker or pressure cooker
- I can also use it as a double boiler, a pudding steamer, a spaghetti sauce maker, a risotto cooker, a jam cooker, and for boiling water.
Did you really expect 41? Come on folks, I am not even close to being that creative or having that much time! What is your favorite way to use a Le Creuset (i.e. how would you justify the $234.95 price tag?). BTW, did you know that Le Creuset comes in a new color? Cassis. Purple in my crayon box. I. Am. In. Heaven.