Sort of funny last week. The menu had me making Chicken Tikka Masala on Wednesday night, along with Kohlrabi Slaw, but I had a total brain fart when I went to make dinner and threw a cup of salsa in with the chicken thighs in the slow cooker, and put together a pot of Rancho Gordo beans, and tortillas, guacamole and sour cream and called it dinner. Oh well.
The best part was the Kohlrabi Slaw. We tried a turnip and kohlrabi slaw a couple weeks ago, which was good. We were still getting a couple heads of kohlrabi each week, and my family does enjoy a good slaw (not so much the girl child, though, I think the texture is too much for her) so Foodily helped me find another slaw recipe. Starting with the recipe on The Kitchn, I made a couple modifications worth creating a post about.
Kohlrabi and Cabbage Slaw
Quick and easy to throw together. Let sit for a couple hours for best results.
- 2 Kohlrabi, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 small head of purple cabbage, shredded
- 4-5 spring carrots, shredded
- Small handful dried cranberries
- Smaller handful currants
- Small can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1 TBS cider vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toss kohlrabi, cabbage, carrots, cranberries, currants and pineapple together in large bowl.
- Mix mayonaise, vinegar, and honey together. Pour over vegetables and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill several hours.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright © 2011 Good Fud Media.
Recipe by Gudrun Enger.
Microformatting by hRecipe.